Media PR: Rob Tiongson
Ready to Race Today's NASCAR Greats
Natalie Sather Prepares to Race In Denny Hamlin Short Track Showdown
In what has been shaping as a career season for a Fargo, ND native has produced arguably her biggest moment in her stock car racing career.
On Thursday, April 28th, Natalie Sather will be competing with an elite line up of NASCAR drivers from across the country, as she was invited to race in the annual Denny Hamlin Short Track Showdown.
"I was so thrilled when I got the phone call from Lynn (the representative from NASCAR) telling me I was invited," Natalie said. "It was a race that I have always wanted to run in, but it was by invite only. This year, I have my chance to finally compete in it!"
This year, the charity race will be held at the 3/4ths mile Richmond International Speedway, by far the biggest track Natalie has been on thus far in her career.
"We tested on Wednesday and after a few laps of getting comfortable, I really started to get after it," Natalie said. "I could feel the pull from the wall and my face was shaking.
"All I could think of was holy cow, what does Daytona feel like?" Natalie considered with a bit of chuckle.
The day had its highs and lows for Natalie, as she started out strong and was the fastest car on her Sellers race team. Her crew chief Brian Rundstrom and Natalie continued to improve with her times, with gradual changes to her car.
Unfortunately, during the fourth practice session, a blown motor would end her practice day.
"I can't even tell you how bummed I was," Natalie said. "We were improving as the day went on and I really needed all the track time I could get to feel prepared for Thursday's big race."
With a broken motor but not a broken spirit, Natalie Sather continues to stay positive and is really looking forward to the Denny Hamlin Showdown race.
You can catch this special race on TV, as it will be broadcasted live on SPEED Channel this Thursday, April 28th at 8:30 PM EST.
Watch this special event at "The Action Track," as Natalie will battle the likes of Tony Stewart, Kyle Busch, Travis Pastrana, and many more NASCAR greats!
Natalie "Speed" Sather
Driver of the No. 94 Sellers Brothers Chevrolet
Powered by Blogger.
Natalie In The News
- American Cars American Girls
- Top Female in National Points...
- Philip Morris back to winning ways, eyes another national title
- Driver-crew chief relationships key to Sellers Racing's success
- Peyton Sellers benefits from Morris' misfortune, claims bounty at SoBo
- Sather, Falk continue stringing together strong
- Morris prepared for bounty issued by SoBo to stop six-race winning strea
- Natalie Sather's improvement seen with second-place finish at SoBo
- 2011 Season Opener at South Boston
- NASCAR Home Tracks:Spotlight on Natalie Sather
- Bleacher Report: In the Drivers Seat with Natalie Sather
- In the Drivers Seat With Natalie Sather(Part 2)
- In the Drivers Seat With Natalie Sather(Part One)
- A Broken Wrist Not Holding Natalie Sather Back at South Boston
- Sellers Racing starting off 2010 South Boston Speedway season strong
- Sather's feminine side shines through on 'Tyra'
- Us Magazine.com Hot Pics Oh, Make Me Over!
- Fargo driver Sather to appear on "Tyra Show"
- Danville Register&Bee:Natalie Sather ready for first season at South Boston
- K&N Filters Article
- Everett Herald TrackSide
- Everett Herald Sports
- Nascar Home Tracks
- Hoseheads.com: Turn 5 With Natalie
- Motorsport.com: 2007 Season Review (1/1/08)
- WhoWon.com: Velocity Wings Congratulates Mike, Natalie and Kaley (9/14/07)
- RacinBoys.com: Sather looks to make history this Friday at U.S. 36 Raceway (9/5/07)
- AutoRacingDaily.com: Wright Denies Sather O’Reilly ASCoT Honors in OKC Prelim (3/24/07)
- Fox Sports AU: Aussies to challenge USA's best (1/20/07)